Veterinary Services in Libertyville, IL
We are here to help you find the best diet for your pet based on their age, health, and lifestyle.
Pet Nutrition Services
Just like with humans, our pets’ diets are extremely important to their overall health and well-being. At GreenTree Animal Hospital in Libertyville, we provide pet nutrition services for pet owners, counseling them about their pet’s dietary needs and ensuring that each pet has a balanced diet that is appropriate for their lifestyle and health status.
GreenTree Animal Hospital offers the below resources for convenient home delivery:
Facts About Pet Nutrition
Because of commercial pet food, many pet owners take for granted that they’ll be able to provide nutritionally balanced diets for their best friend, but here are some facts you may not know about pet nutrition:
- Your pet’s nutritional needs change with age.
- Your pet’s nutritional needs change with their activity level.
- Specially formulated diets can help manage various medical conditions such as kidney disease, diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, and more.
- Just like humans, pets have specific caloric requirements and it is very easy to accidentally over or under-feed them.
- Reading and interpreting pet food labels is actually a very important part of making sure that your pet is eating a nutritionally balanced diet.
For more facts about pet nutrition, please visit Tuft University’s website.
Nutritional Counseling at Our Animal Hospital
Whether your pet has special dietary needs or weight maintenance issues, we can provide counseling services to ensure that they are eating a calorically appropriate, nutritionally balanced diet every day. A proper diet helps keep your pet in good health throughout their life and can even help them to lead a longer life. Our team can help you navigate the many options of pet food available and help you determine which choice is best suited to your pet’s needs, lifestyle, health status, breed, and more.